Apple’s AirPods spawned a slew of imitators, and there are now a plethora of wireless earphones available for both iPhones and Android handsets. Whether you just want to bump up the volume a notch or there’s a sound level issue with your AirPods or AirPods Pro, you should know how to make my AirPods louder!
Before you begin, make sure you want to make your AirPods louder. Ears are sensitive, and it is quite simple to injure them. If you’re working from home and your neighbors have only recently discovered radio, don’t crank it up too loud. For one thing, because you’re wearing AirPods and they’re using loudspeakers, you’re not going to win a loudness battle.
More significantly, you may block out their loudness at the expense of causing hearing damage. If this is the case, consider the AirPods Pro, which has noise cancellation. You can do better, and you can get stronger noise cancellation, but the inclusion of this function to AirPods Pro is incentive enough to upgrade.
Otherwise, whether you’re using AirPods Pro or ordinary AirPods, two difficulties need you to adjust the volume. The first is when you just want things to sound louder, and the second is when there is a problem. So, let us see how to make AirPods louder on iPhone?
How To Make Airpods Louder By Turning Up The Volume?
So, how to make music louder on AirPods? The total loudness of your AirPods is determined by the device that is providing the music. So, whether you’re listening to music or podcasts on your iPhone, changing the level on that device adjusts the volume on the AirPods. There is one exception, and that is when AirPlay is present.
When streaming media from your iPhone to an Apple TV, changing the volume on the phone has no effect. Instead, you must change it on the Apple TV. It’s especially easy to overlook this while using Siri to adjust the level. When you ask Siri to crank up the volume on your AirPods, it will do so — but it’s simply transmitting the command to the original device.
Siri may also inquire about the volume of the music on that device. “Hey, Siri, how loud is this?” you can ask. and it will respond with a proportion of the maximum volume attainable. You may also say, “Hey, Siri, reduce the volume to 50%,” or simply “Hey, Siri, reduce the volume.” This will make your music louder with AirPods.
How To Make Airpods Louder If It Is Keeping The Volume Low?
When your iPhone’s battery is low, it may choose to lower the maximum volume. This is a Low Power Mode function, but it’s a mix of it plus the fact that you have a low battery. So, if you have a fully charged battery and select Low Power Mode from Control Center, you’re unlikely to notice a difference — or see one in the volume indication.
However, if you activate Low Power Mode by physically draining the battery, loudness may be impacted. There is a possible accessibility problem that may cause one AirPod to be quieter than the other.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Select Accessibility.
- Navigate to the Hearing section.
- Select Audio/Visual.
- Examine the Balance setting.
You’ll notice a change in volume if the balancing slider isn’t exactly in the middle.
How To Find Your Volume Is Capped?
We’re not the only ones who have discovered that listening to loud music might be harmful. Previously, iOS featured a setting that limited headphone volume to the suggested maximum for earbuds by the European Union.
That option in the Music settings has been deleted in iOS 14.3, however, it has been replaced with a comparable option elsewhere.
- Navigate to Settings, Sounds & Haptics.
- Select Headphone Safety.
- Select Reduce Loud Sounds.
- Now, touch to enable Reduce Loud Sounds.
- Set a maximum headphone volume by dragging the slider that displays.
How To Make Airpods Louder & Fix Loudness Problems?
AirPods do utilize Bluetooth, which sometimes feels less like technology and more like magic. You may, however, force the AirPods and your iPhone to try again to figure out what volume each believes the other is set at.
- Play some music on your iPhone while wearing the AirPods.
- Reduce the loudness to zero.
- Navigate to Settings, Bluetooth, and look for your AirPods in the list.
- Tap the i to the right of Connected.
- The disconnect should be selected.
- Play the music through the iPhone’s built-in speakers.
- Reduce the volume to zero once again.
- Connect your AirPods again.
- Increase the volume on your iPhone.
How To Make Airpods Louder By Fixing Volume Fault?
If you’ve tried changing the level and the AirPods still don’t seem to be listening to you, there might be a problem. In such a situation, you have two choices: contact Apple or try a few workarounds. Given that all Apple Stores are closed, it’s worth attempting solutions, beginning with the tried-and-true answer to all IT problems.
- Turn off your iPhone.
- Turn it back on.
That’s probably enough to work to make it worthwhile to attempt, but if it doesn’t, you can do something similar with the AirPods themselves.
- Select Settings on your iPhone while the AirPods are still in their case.
- Select Bluetooth.
- Look for the AirPods in the list of devices.
- Tap the I to the right of Connected.
- Select Forget This Device.
- Confirm that you want to do it.
Then, repeat the pairing procedure to return the AirPods to their factory settings.
- Replace the AirPods in their charging case.
- Close and reopen the lid.
- Hold down the back button until the front light blinks.
- Keep the AirPods close to your iPhone.
If none of this works for you, at the very least, the Apple Stores may be reopened by the time you’ve exhausted all of your options. Although the AirPods and AirPods Pro look to be trustworthy devices, there is always the possibility of failure.
How To Make Airpods Louder: Final Steps
These AirPod troubleshooting methods are usually quick and straightforward. Try each one to see if it helps your audio problems. If not, go to the next possible solution:
- If you want to make your AirPods louder on iPhone, then increase the volume on your iPhone. Because the AirPods lack volume control, you must rely on your iPhone to adjust the volume. Because it’s simple to miss, this is an excellent place to start.
- Disable Low Power mode if you want to make AirPods louder on Android. When the iPhone is in Low Power mode, it can have an impact on some non-critical systems, causing music to play at a lesser level than usual. Turn it off and use your AirPods in regular power mode with your iPhone.
- Ensure that the AirPods are fully charged if you want to make your AirPods sound louder. When the battery in the AirPods gets very low, they might misbehave. Recharge the batteries for one or two hours before testing the audio again.
- Deactivate any equalization (EQ) settings. Most EQ settings, including those having Booster in the name, tend to make music played via the AirPods seem quieter. It’s preferable to turn off the EQ to make my AirPods louder on Android.
- Disable the Volume Limit function. For your hearing protection, the iPhone has an optional Volume Limit control function, which caps the maximum volume of the phone somewhat lower than its real maximum output. Turn down the Volume Limit to restore the missing sound if the AirPods aren’t loud enough.
- Adjust the sound balance between the iPhone and the AirPods. It’s conceivable that the phone and AirPods have different ideas about what the minimum and maximum volume levels should be. Here’s how to make it right:
A. Turn the iPhone volume down when listening to music through your AirPods.
B. Turn off Bluetooth.
C. Play music over the iPhone speaker, then turn the volume down again.
D. Turn on Bluetooth and reconnect your AirPods.
This is how to make music louder on iPhone AirPods.
- Check that the volume on both earphones is adjusted to the same level. You may have adjusted the iPhone accessibility settings to play the earphones at various levels. Here’s how to fix it:
A. Navigate to the iPhone Settings.
B. Choose Accessibility.
C. Scroll down to the Hearing section and pick Audio/Visual.
D. Check that the slider is balanced, with the button in the center of the L and R.
- Reconnect the AirPods to the iPhone. This can occasionally resolve issues with AirPods or other Bluetooth devices in general.
- Clean AirPods and make them louder. If none of the previous ideas resolved the sound issue, the earphones may require a thorough cleaning. Because the AirPods spend so much time in your ears, they accumulate earwax. If you see accumulation, a thorough cleaning might make a significant impact. Cleaning will make AirPods louder on iPhone.
Read Here: Best Laptops For DJing In 2021
Know How To Make Airpods Louder For Ease!
The two major ways to change the volume of your AirPods are to use Siri voice commands or the volume rocker/buttons on your smartphone or tablet. Because the former is only available to iOS users, if you use your AirPods with an Android handset, you’ll have to rely on physical controls to make bass louder on AirPods.
We hope this article on how to make AirPods louder helped you in knowing everything related to this article.