Acne breakouts are not only painful, but they can also leave behind unsightly scars. Even if you don’t have active acne, the scars can still make you feel self-conscious about your appearance.
There are a number of ways to get rid of acne scars. Some methods may help to fade the scars, but they won’t completely get rid of them. Other methods may be more effective, but they may be more expensive or require more time.
If you’re looking for ways to get rid of acne scars, here are 10 of the best options:
- Use a retinoid cream or gel. Retinoids are vitamin A derivatives that help to speed up skin cell turnover and boost collagen production, two key factors in the healing of acne scars. You can find retinoids over the counter or from a dermatologist in Murray or wherever you are located.
- Try a glycolic acid peel. Glycolic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid that helps to break down dead skin cells and stimulate new cell growth. This can help to fade acne scars. Glycolic acid peels are available from a dermatologist or beauty salon.
- Use laser therapy. Laser therapy can help to break down the scar tissue and stimulate new collagen growth. It is most effective for shallow scars. laser therapy is usually done by a dermatologist.
- Try microdermabrasion. Microdermabrasion is a type of exfoliation that uses fine crystals to remove the top layer of skin. This can help to fade acne scars. Microdermabrasion is usually done by a dermatologist or esthetician.
- Use a chemical peel. Chemical peels use chemicals to remove the top layer of skin. This can help to fade acne scars. Chemical peels are usually done by a dermatologist or esthetician.
- Use insulin-like growth factor (IGF) therapy. IGF therapy can help to stimulate collagen production and heal acne scars. IGF therapy is usually done by a dermatologist.
- Use a topical vitamin C product. Vitamin C helps to promote collagen production and speeds up skin cell turnover. This can help to fade acne scars. You can find topical vitamin C products over the counter or from a dermatologist.
- Use silicone gel sheets. Silicone gel sheets are placed on the skin and help to flatten out scars. They also help to prevent new scars from forming. Silicone gel sheets are available by prescription or over the counter.
- Try fractional laser resurfacing. This laser treatment helps to stimulate collagen production and can be effective for both shallow and deep scars. Fractional laser resurfacing is usually done by a dermatologist.
- Have a dermal filler injection. Dermal fillers can help to fill in scars and give the skin a smoother appearance. Dermal fillers are usually done by a dermatologist or plastic surgeon.
Acne scars can be a real pain, but there are plenty of ways to get rid of them for good! Try one (or more) of the methods above and you’ll be on your way to clear, scar-free skin in no time.